Last updated: March 2023
What information do we collect?
When you visit and use our Platform or contact us, we may collect the following information:
Personal Information that you provide to us when you register for an account, subscribe to emails, newsletters, and alerts, and when you use our services, including information entered into our booking platform and included in your comments, reviews, or survey responses. If relevant to the service you are requesting or reviewing, you may voluntarily provide us with sensitive personal data relating to your health or ethnicity, for example.
Personal Information that you share with us as part of a job application at Glambook, submitted either directly on our website or indirectly through a recruitment agency or third-party recruitment platform. If you choose to provide us with sensitive personal data, such as information about whether reasonable adjustments should be made for you in the application process, we ask that you only provide information that is necessary for us to make such adjustments.
Credit and debit card details, stored securely on an encrypted basis, if you use our online payment facility.
Communication data, such as the content of your messages, your contact details, and your IP address, if you choose to communicate with us through the Platform, live chat, email, telephone, SMS, or social media.
Protecting your personal information
Protecting your personal information is a top priority for us. We take reasonable measures to ensure that your Personal Information is kept secure and protected. However, please be aware that the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Platform. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. Once we have received your Personal Information, we will use strict procedures and security features to protect your data.
How do we use your personal information?
We use your Personal Information to provide you with the services and products you have requested, process payments, provide customer services, deliver our content and ads which we think may be of interest to you, conduct customer research, send you marketing and promotional emails, and notify you about important changes to our Platform.
What information do we collect and how do we use it?
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Platform, including:
Information you provide to us: when you use the Platform, we may ask you to provide certain personal information such as your name, email address, phone number, payment information, and other information that can be used to identify you. We use this information to provide you with the services you request, to communicate with you, and to improve our services.
Information we collect automatically: when you use the Platform, we may automatically collect certain information about your device, browsing actions, and usage patterns. This information may include your IP address, browser type, operating system, access times, and the pages you have viewed directly before and after accessing the Platform. We use this information to improve the functionality of our Platform and to better understand how users interact with our Platform.
Information we receive from third parties: we may receive information about you from the third parties, such as our partners, service providers, and social media platforms. We may combine this information with other information we have collected about you to better understand your preferences and provide you with more relevant content and services.
We may use the information we collect for various purposes, including but not limited to:
● provide you with the services you request, such as booking beauty treatments and sending you confirmation and reminder emails.
● personalise and improve your experience on the Platform, such as by providing tailored content, recommendations, and advertisements based on your preferences.
● communicate with you about your account, bookings, and other important information related to the Platform.
● conduct research and analysis to better understand how users interact with our Platform and to improve our services.
● prevent fraud and other illegal activities.
● comply with legal obligations and to protect our rights, property, and safety and the rights, property, and safety of our users and others.
You provide us with your consent:
● To inform you about new Glambook services and special offers that we believe you may find valuable, for example, via email and by displaying advertisements on third-party websites, such as Meta products and applications (where consent is required).
● To send you information about competitions, surveys, and details of promotional offers from our Partners and selected third parties' goods or services, such as health, beauty, leisure, and lifestyle brands, via email and as push notifications through the App.
● To share your personal information with our Partners and selected third parties, such as health, beauty, leisure, and lifestyle brands, to allow them to send you information about their goods and services on their behalf.
● To use customer communications for training, record-keeping, and quality control purposes. If you contact our customer service team and provide consent by not opting out, we may record your call. You will be informed if such a recording is taking place and given the opportunity to opt-out of being recorded if you wish to do so and provided with the means to do so.
● On other occasions where we request your consent, we will use the data for the purpose that we explain at that time.
● For purposes required by law:
● To respond to requests made by government authorities or law enforcement authorities conducting investigations
● To meet legal, regulatory, and compliance requirements if necessary.
Withdrawing Consent or Objecting to Direct Marketing
If we rely on your consent for any processing activity, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. However, we may still have other legal reasons for processing your data for other purposes, as detailed above. In some cases we may send you direct marketing communications without your consent, where we rely on our legitimate interests. You have the right to opt-out of direct marketing at any time. You can do this by following the instructions in the communication, or by contacting us using the details provided below.
● If you would like to stop receiving communications from Glambook, you may do so by clicking the “unsubscribe” button at the bottom of any email communications sent to you or by contacting us at [email protected]. Please allow 48 business hours for your email address to be removed from our system.
● If you would like to stop receiving communications from our Partners or other third parties, please contact them directly. If you require our assistance, we will do our best to help.
● If you would like to stop receiving push notifications through the App, you can disable push notifications for the App in your phone's operating system settings.
Please note that even if you have opted out of receiving our email marketing communications using the methods described above, you may still see our non-targeted advertisements while browsing online, if your interests settings on Facebook match an audience segment (pre-defined by Facebook) that our business is associated with. We have no control over whether these ads are displayed to you.
Sharing your personal information with the third parties
We take the security and processing of your Personal Information seriously, and we assure you that we will never sell your Personal Information under any circumstances. However, we may share your Personal Information with selected third parties in the following circumstances:
● Glambook UG: Klingsorstraße 105b, 12203 Berlin, Germany, [email protected]
● To third-party service providers that perform functions on our behalf in relation to the Platform or otherwise in connection with the running of our business, such as processing credit card payments, conducting surveys and market research, providing social media analysis, providing marketing email services, data analysis tools, and managing customer service communications including telephone calls and live chat.
● To our Partners with whom you book services whether via our Website or Apps, where we act as a commercial booking agent, or directly with the Partner via our Partner Platform or Widgets, where we act solely as a technology provider. Your information is shared with Partners to facilitate your booking and to enable them to provide you with the services that you have booked:
○ bookings can be facilitated and necessary arrangements can be made prior to your appointment;
○ Partners can send you marketing emails containing news and special offers, only if you have given your consent;
○ they can enhance the services they provide to their customers and improve their business operations by analyzing statistical data regarding customers on both individual and aggregate levels.
● To third party brands with which we collaborate on products, services, competitions and campaigns.
● To third party salon software providers used by our Partners to ensure that those third party software solutions and Connect each display real-time availability to customers.
● To other third parties, for the purpose of facilitating our business and improving our products, content, services or advertising including, by way of example only, sending email communications or publishing reviews of our or our Partners' products and services.
● If we buy, sell, or transfer any business or assets, or if we go into insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership, we may need to disclose your Personal Information to the seller or buyer of such business or assets, as appropriate.
● If we are under a duty to disclose or share your Personal Data to comply with any legal obligation or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements, or protect the rights, property, or safety of our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
● We may disclose user information when we have reason to believe that someone is causing injury to or interference with our rights or property, other users of our Platform, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities, to state authorities, and to other third parties as required or permitted by law, including but not limited to in response to court orders.
Please note that any Personal Information you post in publicly accessible areas of our Platform, such as review sections, may be collected by third parties over which we have no control. We are not responsible for the use of such information by these third parties. Therefore, please exercise due care and consideration before disclosing any Personal Information that will be disclosed in public areas. We recommend that you avoid disclosing any Personal Information on public areas that may be used to identify you, such as your name, age, home or work address, or the name of your employer.
The third party companies that we use for targeting and advertising purposes have their own privacy policies which you should read in detail.
Your rights in relation to your personal information
You have certain rights regarding the personal information we hold about you, including the right to:
● Request access to your personal information;
● Request correction or erasure of your personal information;
● Request that we restrict the processing of your personal information;
● Receive your personal information in a structured, machine-readable format and have it transferred to another organisation; and
● Object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances, such as for direct marketing purposes or where the processing is based on our legitimate interests.
● If you have an online account with us, you may be able to view or update the information you have provided by logging in to your account. In some situations, your rights may be limited. For example, we may need to continue processing your personal information if it is required by law or if there are compelling legitimate grounds to do so. If you believe your personal information has been mishandled, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority. However, we encourage you to contact us first to see if we can address your concerns directly.
If you would like to exercise any of the above rights in relation to your personal information, please contact us at [email protected]. Please note that we may require additional information from you to verify your identity before fulfilling your request. We will respond to your request within the timeframe required by applicable law.
External Websites Linked to Our Platform
Social Media and User Generated Content
Some of our Platforms allow users to submit their own content, including personal information. Please note that any content submitted to one of our Platforms can be viewed by the public, and you should be cautious about providing certain personal information, such as financial information or address details, via these Platforms. We are not responsible for any actions taken by other individuals if you post personal information on one of our social media platforms, such as Facebook or Instagram. Please also refer to the respective privacy and cookie policies of the social media platforms you are using, as they may have different policies and practices for handling your personal information.
Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to and stored at a destination outside the UK and European Economic Area (EEA), including to the US and Israel, including for the purposes of processing that data by selected third parties, in order to facilitate Glambook's business. Countries outside the EEA may not have laws which provide the same level of protection to your personal data as laws within the EEA. Where this is the case personal data is adequately protected by EU Commission approved standard contractual clauses, an appropriate Privacy Shield certification, a vendor's Processor Binding Corporate Rules, or another adequacy mechanism established under applicable data protection law.
● If you apply for a position at Glambook, we will retain the information you provide for a period of 12 months and may refer to it if you make future job applications, unless you choose to delete this data by following the link in the confirmation of application email that we send you;
● If you contact us via live chat on our Platform, we usually retain the chat data for up to 60 days after the session ends; and
● If you contact us via telephone and do not opt-out, we will retain call recordings for up to 90 days from the date of the call.
Our policy on Cookies
Our Platform uses various types of Cookies to enhance user experience, improve the site and provide tailored offers on Glambook and other sites. These include standard technologies such as web server logs, web beacons, tokens, pixel tags, local storage, device identifiers, and tracking IDs.
For more information on the specific types of Cookies used on our Platform, please refer to the table below:
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site, and will not be able to monitor its performance.
These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalisation. They may be set by us or by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies then some or all of these services may not function properly.
These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. They do not store directly personal information, but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.